William L. Smith, II
Workers’ compensation | Mediation
Hello, I’m Bill Smith. I’ve been exclusively representing injured workers for 35 years – my entire career as a lawyer. I’ve represented thousands of injured workers and I estimate that I’ve tried about 3,000 cases before the SC Workers’ Compensation Commission over that 35 years. I’ve been honored to serve as president of Injured Workers Advocates of South Carolina and chaired the Workers Compensation Section of the SC Bar. In October 2019, I was elected as president of WILG (the Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group. WILG is the national non-profit group dedicated to protecting the rights and benefits of injured workers across the country.
I grew up in Gaffney, SC and have lived in South Carolina my entire life. I’m married to my wonderful wife Debbie and have 4 grown kids of which I’m very proud. They are all off on their own now so Deb and I spend a lot of time with our dogs (Lola, an Old English sheepdog, and Izzy, a bernadoodle).
If you’ve been injured on the job, please feel free to call me. I’d be happy to chat with you. There are many cases where you don’t need a lawyer. If you don’t, I’ll shoot straight with you and tell you that. If you do need a work injury lawyer, I’ll be happy to see what we can do to help you.
Professional awards and accomplishments:
- 2000-2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© (Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants)
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Rated
- Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group – Top Injured Workers’ Attorneys
- Presidential Service Award 2020 Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- President’s Award 2019 Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- Fellow 2017 College Of Workers Compensation Lawyers
- Rising Star 2014 Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
Work injury resources to empower injured workers to make informed decisions about their health and financial wellbeing. Contact us for legal representation.