R. Lawton Harper
R. Lawton Harper concentrates his practice solely in workers’ compensation. He was born and raised in Beaufort, South Carolina. He left home to attend Elon University in North Carolina, where he graduated in 2017 with a degree in History and Education. After college, he returned to the Lowcountry and served South Carolina as a social studies teacher and basketball coach at Summerville High School.
He then enrolled at the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he graduated with honors in 2022. He is excited to once again be helping the people of South Carolina. In his free time, Lawton enjoys spending time with his wife Katy, and their two dogs, Drake and Dixie.
Lawton was recently licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
Admitted to practice:
- South Carolina, 2022
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2022
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Assistant Articles Editor, Journal of Law and Education
- Elon University, B.A., 2017
Professional memberships, awards, and accomplishments:
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- Injured Workers’ Advocates
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Young Lawyers Division